Question
Posted by: Fletch | 2010-02-14

Tender breasts 1 week before expected period

Hi there.

My husband and I have been trying to concieve for the last 6 months but with no success yet. About 2 days ago I started noticing some changed in my breats, they feel fuller and swollen and are a bit sensitive. Since this is the 1st time that I am experiencing these symptoms I took a home pregnancy test, but it was negative. My expected period is now 5 days away. What I would like to know is, could these breast changes be an early sign of pregnancy? And could I have gotten a false negative on the test because of testing to early?

YOu definitely tested too early, but these could just be premenstrual symptoms.

3
Posted by: Kristen | 2010-02-15

Hi Fletch, ever since we started ttc and me stopping the pill my breasts have been fuller, tender, bigger, very sore and tingly nipples. Actually they dont feel like my breasts at all. I also thought it might have been an early sign of pregnancy sadly it wasn' t and this seems to happen every month a week before my period is due and the feeling disappears a week later.

Reply to Kristen
Posted by: Kristen | 2010-02-15

Reply to Kristen
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-02-15