Posted by: Jo | 2010-07-08

Tenants won''t leave property - don''t pay

Just need some advice… .

We have tenants in our house, they always pay their rent late and so we decided to give them a months notice and evict them. At the end of the month they did not move.

They are now telling us that we have no right to evict them and that they don’ t have money to pay us rent and he doesn’ t know when he will.

I hope maybe you can help. We contacted the sheriff of our town but he says he can only go evict him if the court orders him to so we were thinking about going to the court and opening a case against him, only problem is this all costs money.

Please help with some advice if you can.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

It is suggested that you contact a commercial lawyer, this is not labour law advice.

Posted by: Idea | 2010-07-29

Go to the house, take off the front door and gate so that the house is wide open. They will move because they dont want their stuff to be stolen. It always work for me.

Reply to Idea
Posted by: look for something | 2010-07-16

Hi guys
I have been staying at the same place for more than two years ( very nice white people). I have to move out because the owner mother in law was coming back. I am now looking for a place to stay. If you have anything and i mean anything at all, mail as

Reply to look for something
Posted by: Purple | 2010-07-08

If they owe you less than R7 000 in rent arrears, why don''t you go to the small claims court? its free and you don''t need a lawyer.
Go to your local magistrates office and ask how it all works and what you do.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Ripple | 2010-07-08

I have a property that I rent out as well, Same problem so I went there locked the gates with lock and padlocks and insert small locks in the doors, and told them this is my property and you will only get your furniture when I have my money, not sure if this was illegall but it worked.

Reply to Ripple