Posted by: Mark | 2009-05-15

Temporary memory loss

Male 59 years colesterol normal, BP normal, parents still alive. No previous neurological events.

Suddenly was unable to read or remember simple daily details - wifes and childrens'  names. No other sympoms except smell of burning. Symptoms lasted approx 2 hours. Saw doctor, usual tests revealed everything normal.

What could this be - what do I do??

Regards and thanks,

Dear Mark

I strongly suggest that you make an appointment with a neurologist, as it is possible that you experienced a temporary ischemic insident in the brain. This will explain your memory loss. The ideal test to be done is a CT scan of the brain.

Good luck.