Question
Posted by: Louise | 2008/10/20

TEMPORARY DEAFNESS AFTER EXERCISE

After hard cardiac exercise say spinning for an hour, I sometimes have deafness in one or both ears - and this lasts for between half and hour and an hour. I am overweight, controlled hypertensive, but a regular exerciser. Am I overdoing the intensity?

Hi Louise

I hate to admit, but I don't know what the cause of this might be. It's the first time I've ever encountered it. My first thought is a blood pressure thing - have you have BP measured after exercise? It might be interesting to see if it is changed. Other than this, I honestly am grabbing at straws to give you the reason. If it does happen more regularly, then you might consider seeing a doctor about it.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but i am not exaggerating when I say this is the first I've ever heard of this.

Ross

2
Posted by: RedGuitar | 2013/04/02

It's not a rare case... It happend to a lot of people. I took Gym 3 times a week and the exercise is quite heavy. If I went too far I would have a temporary black out, and deafness. My ears will start to ring and my eye is fading to black. After 5 minutes it came back to normal again. I had this sympthomp more than 5 times. I know that's it's not good for my health which is why I stop right after it happend, but im not sure about the danger. Even so I don't think this is a rare case. My brother who went to gym with me also have the same experience with me more than a couple of times.

Reply to RedGuitar
Posted by: xyz | 2008/10/28

I also had this experience but as I got fitter it went away, I also have low blood pressure after exerc. As you said it might be that

Reply to xyz