Posted by: Withdrawn | 2009-10-25

Temporal Lobe Epilepsy

Was diagnosed with temporal lobe epilepsy after a traumatic incident sparked waking up from knocks at night progressed to waking up from people whispering to me and hallucinations and moodswings ranging from depression to hyperactivity in the day. Used to drink a lot in that period as well.

Been on 200mg epilum in the morning and 500mg epilum at night for about 2 months now. Initually went well. Still sleeping like a baby but depression back. Might I have something else WITH the temporal lobe epilepsy? Everyone keeps telling me to give the meds a chance and it feels like everything is going like a dream BUT the depression won' t go away. Should I work on convincing them there' s something else wrong too??

Depression is an illness associated with low levels of certain hormones in the brain. Ask your doctor to add an antidepressants to your current regime of medication. To understand more about depression and temporal lobe epilepsy, refer to the following links: