Question
Posted by: Henry S. | 2009-07-29

temporal lobe epilepsy

Hi. I' ve had several problems with thoughts and thought patterns for years. I' ve seen a doctor, psychologist, and a psychiatrist. The doctor thought I might have been schizoid, but I wasn' t. The psychologist thought I was anxious and depressed, but this didn' t explain everything. The psychiatrist thought I had OCD and prescribed me medication. I recently came across some information on temporal lobe epilepsy, by chance. The symptoms seemed to be the same as mine. So, I checked out different sites on the web and several video clips, and t.l.e. sufferers seem to describe exacty what I' ve been going through. I' m not one to jump to conclusions, but the info seemed uncannily familiar. So, I wanted to ask you for your advice. Is there some questionnaire at your site (or a similar one) which I can fill in regarding t.l.e.? What is the procedure for finding out if I have it? Just ask my psychiatrist to refer me to a specialist? Thanks for your help. Henry. (P.S. I once remarked to my wife that if I do have OCD it is to keep me alert during and after the neurological storms I get  it' s a secondary problem. Many t.l.e. sufferers have similar stories. A few years back I struck the back of my head badly on concrete. Could this be the cause?)

Hallo Henry
This is quite possible. Temporal lobe epilepsy is difficult to diagnose as you can't always see it on EEG - where do you live, maybe I can refer you to a specialist in the area?