Posted by: anon | 2011-10-16

my normal temperature reading is always about 35.5 and when I am not feeling well and feel as though I have a fever it only goes up to 37. So no-one believes that I do have a fever.

I thought there was something wrong with my thermometer so went to the chemist with an ear reading and it also gave 35.

What is the reason for such a low reading?

The usual devices do have a small discrepency. To test for body core temperature, you can also have a trans-anal temperature reading done. A temperature of 35 degrees celsius is still considered normal. If it is below 35 degrees, it is called hypothermia.

I therefore, do not think that you have anything to be concerned about but you can ask your doctor to have your thyroid levels checked, as this can cause lower body temperatures.