Question
Posted by: Impatient | 2011-08-02

Temper problems

Hello!

I need some advice...
I have always had a quick temper....
My husband are getting a bit frustrated with it.

And the worst is I have a 1 year old and 3 year old at home.
Hubby is working long hours these days, and over weekends, I have a fulltime job, and when I get home need to cook ,clean, do washing, etc... And one of my kids, or I are constantly sick....

Think things are just hectic...

Thing is that if my kids do not listen to me I really loose my temper, and I know it is not a good thing... If my 3 year old is naughty I take her to her room and leave her there for a while so that both of us can calm down...

I think I need some advice on how to control my temper...
I even considered medication at some point....

Hope I make some sense and that you can give me some advice!

Thank you!

Seeing a psychologist / counsellor would be the best way t get a grip on this. In your query, it sounds as though you do EVERYTHING - you are obviously over-stressed - is your husband taking his full share of chores, childcare, etc ?
Sometimes, as you almost imply in your question, the "adult" could also benefit from a "time-out" period in a quiet room.
Except in rather unusual circumstances, drugs don't help, and popular sedative tranquillizers often have an effect like alcohol, and can make one's tantrums worse.
Apart from learning to control one's temper flare-ups, its worth exploring all ways to reduce the stresses that plague you and fuel these fires.

2
Posted by: Queen | 2011-08-02

You are just over loaded and therefore stressed. We are no super humans, we need to recharge our batteries every now and then. Try and make time to just chill and do nothing. If the budget is tight and you can''t have a nanny then maybe you''ll need hubby to pitch in by helping you with house chores.

I also have the tendency of snapping at the children when I''m stressed. And its not fair on them because they have no idea of what''s happening

Reply to Queen