Question
Posted by: Just wondering | 2009-11-10

Temp

Im curious about something , im working for my local municipality on a month to month basis , every month I have to sign a new contract.

I have applied for the permanent position but im wondering if after a certain time the temp job automatically becomes permanent ? I have been here for 3 months now. And its beginning to look like ill be temp until well into the new year.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Temp

This certainly sounds like you are entitled to a permanent position. The courts have been very clear in that if a positions is rolled over more than twice then you have an expectation for a permanent position. It is suggested that you sign at least one or two others to ensure that when you do apply for the permanent position you have a strong case.

1
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2009-11-12

re: Temp

Reply to labour lawyer