Question
Posted by: Chirpy | 2009-04-07

Telephone Manner

I' m the one that answers the phone and takes messages etc. Not a problem. On the other hand when it' s me calling to find out info for whatever it might be I end up talking in circles and I don' t make much sense as well or I drag it on without getting to a point of why I am calling. I get so nervous over the phone which is so silly. I' ve read all about telephone ettiquete concerning the company I work for. I always say to myself that next time I will do it this way but I never do. I need to stop and breathe.

Plan ahead what you need to say, even jot down a couple of notes. And pretend that its you on the other side taking the message, too

2
Posted by: d | 2009-04-08

Hi Chirpy,

I went on a telephone ettiquette course and it was sooo helpful. You need to practise whenever you can and even practise with a friend who will offer to help. Send me you email addy if you would like me to send you the notes I have.

Reply to d
Posted by: Striker | 2009-04-08

Good idea CS. Start of by writing ur whole conversation as u planned it. I am so and so from so and so company and need to Find out about this and that and the other thing. Remember u dont know the person on other side, no need to chit chat unless asked for.

Reply to Striker