Posted by: Sandy | 2009-03-19

Tel gewig op

Ek oefen die afgelope 3 weke noual, maar inplaas dat ek gewig verloor, ek weet spier is swaarder as vet en dat jy gewoonlik eers optel as verloor, Maar die probleem is net vandat ek oefen het ek al amper 4 kg opgetel, en dit is nie asof ek meer eet of iets nie, eet normaalweg en het alle soetgoed en gaskoeldrank gesny (dit het al voorheen vir my gewerk). Kan dit wees dat ek maar net spiermassa opbou of is dit iets anders? Ek voel nie dat my klere stywer sit nie. Help asb!

Hi Sandy

There is something wrong with the measurement - you wouldn't pick up 4kg in so short a time, even if you were not exercising. Is it possible that you have weighed yourself on different scales? I know that might sound silly, but it sometimes happens that people do this. The comparison is not valid in this case. Also, is it possible that the first time you weighed yourself was without eating and the second was after a meal or a bottle of water - that could easily swing it by 2kg? These things are improtant considerations and I have a feeling that your problem is a non-existent one.

I certainly would not worry about it just yet - even if it is muscle, you're not feeling bulky, so that's not a problem. And adding on muscle is never a bad thing, especially if it doesn't make you look like Rambo.