Question
Posted by: MOTHER | 2011-02-15

Tefronil

My daughter 9 year was diagnosed with narcolepsy –  she is rx Conserta 36mg –  this has been working very well but her sleep patterns is extremely bad and now she was rx Tefranil 25mg 2hours before bed time. I am of coarse very worried about the side effects of this as well as the fact that this is for long term use. Is there a lower dose available –  what is the most common side effect and what is the long term side effects from using these type of drugs.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi M

Imipramine (the active ingredient of tofranil) is also available in a 10mg tablet.

Commons adverse effects may include nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, loss of appetite, constipation or diarrhea,
dry mouth, unpleasant taste, weight changes, feeling dizzy, drowsy, or tired, nightmares;
•blurred vision, headache or ringing in your ears.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011-02-16

Hi M

Reply to pharmacist