Posted by: Annoyted | 2009-05-18

Teeny tiny frustration

I don' t have the most organised manager but she has this habit of asking me to print something for then 3 days later she will ask me to print the same thing again. It annoys me that it' s such a waste of paper. She even has copies on her computer to view so why print them out the whole time and then when the time comes to order a new box of paper she never pays them on time and of course I get moaned at on the phone. Not that it' s a problem but I put up with it. I keep old paper to use the other side to print on. Really now... I know it' s a silly problem but it happens too often with her, esp the printing.

Some people really don't adjust to the idea of a papaerless ( or a least low paper ) office, do they ? Talk it over with her, calmly and pleasantly, explaining that you know there are often problems with payment for the paper and delays in its delivery, so you don't like to waste it. Seek a joint solution --- maybe a speical file on her desk where you put ONE copy of any document she absolutely needs a printed copy of, and a spcial file, with a clear short-cut on her desk, with a digital copy of all such documents, where she could look and work with any of them without needing a paper copy.

If I may suggest, why don' t you create some files for her, print it once, keep it in a file, when she needs it, give it to her.

So talk to her about it...go to the source of your frustration.

Or just live with it.