Question
Posted by: snoopy | 2009/01/21

Teenage sister in law

I have 2 sons age fifteen and seventeen from previous marriage.my husbands half sister,age fifteen,is staying with us,since mid JAN.MY MOTHER IN LAW WENT TO ENGLAND TO WORK THERE AND MY SISTER IN LAW WILL ALSO GO THERE WITHIN THE NEXT SIX MONTHS.SHE LEFT HER DIARY OPEN AND IT CAME TO MY ATTENTION THAT BOTH MY SONS HAVE THE HOTS FOR HER AND THAT THERE WAS AN INCIDENT OF HEAVY PETTING BETWEEN HER AND MY YOUNGEST SON,INICIATED BY HIM.WHAT AM I TO DO,IM SCARED THAT THE WORST MAY HAPPEN LIKE PREGNANCY.PLSE TAKE NOTE THAT SHE IS NOT A BLOOD RELATIVE OF THEIRS.ANY HELP WILL BE WELCOME

It sounds unacceptable if the mother-in-law or sister-in-law are the child's mother, that they should go across the world and leave the child behind, but its not at all clear from your message how these people are all related. If she is getting emotionally and sexually involved with your sons, you need to discuss this separately with all three of them, ( and of course with your husband participating in the discussion ) and consider alternative arrangements --- surely you;re not the only people who can look after the girl ?
And ANYONE who has sex with a girl of 15, can be guilty of statutory rape, so its not something to be taken lightly

1
Posted by: No caps | 2009/01/21

I there - very difficult to read with caps on - you screaming? Anyhow, hormones, hormones, hormones and where developing teens are put together things will happen. Talk to them about the birds and the bees, but don' t let them know that you know. It' s bound to make them feel awkward and they will shut down. Don' t make them feel ashamed about something that could have happened with the girl next door. At least they are not blood relatives. Maybe you should talk to her as well (light coversation - or her mom can) and do stuff in the house to ensure that they are not left alone (until they have cooled down). Don' t act all suspicious now. Your boys are bound to do some heavy petting with other girls as well - as long as they are well educated (pregnancy, HIV and other things) they should be fine. Take a deep breath and relax.

Reply to No caps