Posted by: Nicky | 2009-05-25

Teenage foot problems

Hi. My son has walked with his one foot pointing inward since he could walk. We were told that with simple physio it would improve and that he is just lasy to walk correctly. He is now 14 and my heart breaks as kids make fun of him. He started to play sports but find it difficult to kick a rugby ball properly or even play soccer..which, as a Gr8 student makes his life unbearable. Is it too late to help him? I' m a single mom with 3 kids and I can' t really afford a specialist. But does anyone know how much consultations costs at a normal foot doctor, cause at this point I' ll sell everything i have if it will help my son.
Many thx for ur time

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Nicky

A foot pointing inward or an intoeing gait is quite common with children, in most cases it will correct itself as the child grows. It could be that your son is still growing and there will still be some correction. The person to see would be a biokineticist, it is highly likly that this is a muscular imbalance problem. It could then be corrected with exercises. They would assess your sone and if it is not muscular it could be in the joints and they could advice you further.

Hello, i' m a concerned mother. my daughters 2nd toe is longer than her big toe. Is that normal? Will it ever grow out or do i need to see a doctor about it?

Posted by: Nicky | 2009-05-25

I stay in Strandfontein so any place in Western Cape pls, Northern or Southern Suburbs.

Reply to Nicky