Posted by: Sara | 2010-01-08

Teen' s Health

I am concerned about my 13yr olds health. She loves sweet things and will eat anything sweet if she can get hold of it. She will replace her meal with sweets if she can. I try to control her intake of sweets but she will replace this by eating large quantities of fruit. She does not eat a lot at meal times. She refuses to take her vitamins (Comes up with an excuse every day). At school she doesn' t always eat her sandwich and refuses to take fruit to school. She weighs about 39 - 40kg and is 1.54m tall. I have also noticed that her hands shake a lot. I have had many discussions with her about her eating habits but she just brushes me off. She has recently started her period. She has also had worms in Sep. I gave D-Worm (3 day course) tablets and in Dec she had worms again. I gave her D-Worm (single dose). She never had worms when she was younger. I am very concerned about her and would appreciate your advice.

Excessive intake of sugar can cause diabetes. You should definately regulate her eating habits to three meals per day and healthy snacks in between. Consult a child psychiatrist to formulate a plan on how to do this.