Question
Posted by: Kiara | 2010-11-22

Teen with Severe Period Pain

My teen suffers from sever period pain. What is the best medicine to give her? Tried Ponac and Nurofen.

Ponstan, Brufen or Myprodol.

3
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-11-24

Ponstan, Brufen or Myprodol.

Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-11-24

Ponstan, Brufen or Myprodol.

Posted by: Purple | 2010-11-22

I suffered like this too and was told to take modural (useless), do excercise (makes them worse).

I got temporary relief using a hot water bottle along with buscopan.

I suggest you take your daughter to the gynae, it''s unlikely she''ll need an internal exam though they might do a scan.
After my first gynae visit in my early twenties I was put on meds for the pain and to reduce the amount of bleeding. Suddenly I wasn''t missing work (I used to have to miss school on the day my period started, and work too as it was so sore I just used to sit in a huddle and cry).
I didn''t have endometriosis, but this is always a possibility with very painful periods.

Good luck, I hope its resolved soon, as a fellow sufferer, I feel for your teen.

Reply to Purple