Question
Posted by: Mary | 2010-04-29

Teen with eye problem

Hi Doc, I need help urgently, my brother is 16 and is really battling he has so much problems with his eyes he is an Asthma sufferer but he has more problems with his eyes, they r extremely red itching, dry and sometimes watery he has been to every doctor and specialist in our town, which is pmb to no avail we have spent loads of money on eye drops and other medication all to no avail. I have been reading up on the net for help, i just hope its nothing serious. Do u have any advice and is there any doctor in Durban that will be able to help us if so pls provide contact details.
Pls this is also ruining his schooling as the kids at school tease him that he is taking drugs etc, yet he is such a lovely child just battling to cope with his eye problems.
Many thanks

Hallo Mary
It sounds as if he has severe allergic conjunctivitis. These kids sometimes need cortisone eyedrops and long term preventative medication like antihistamines to be taken daily. Ask your GP to refer him to Prof Jeena's allergy clinic at Inkosi Albert Luthuli central Hospital Tel 031 262 2613

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-04-29

Hallo Mary

Reply to cyberdoc