Posted by: Linda | 2011-11-18

Teen Shaking Hands

My teen has shaking hands. She is thin. Has a poor appetite for nutritional food. Tends to eat lots of sugary treats. I had a test done at the pharmacy a while back to check her sugar levels and they were normal. I have spoken with her regarding het diet but as a normal teen she ignores any advice I give her. Her school work has deterioated this year as well and we are concerned that this may be a sympton of something more serious. At times she is extremely hyperactive and I am sure that is related to the amount of sugar she consumes however she is convinced she has adhd. Look forward to your advice.

It is important that you consult a doctor to have blood tests done, to exclude a condition like hyperthyroidism, which can easily explain her symptoms. Metabolic causes have to be excluded before consulting a child psychiatrist regarding ADHD.