Question
Posted by: Kia | 2010-11-05

Teen Running Tummy - 2/11/10

Took son to the Doc on 3rd. The alcohol has burnt the lining of his stomach. He is in even more pain this morning. Tummy no longer running but his stools are yellow. Why is this? Should we be concerned?
Prev Post below:
My Teen has had a running tummy for 2 days. He is eating but then gets cramps and his tummy runs. He suffers with constipation so do not want to give him anything to stop it if possible. Found out that he had been drinking alcohol the noght before it started. Could this be the reason? Or do you think it''''s just a tummy bug? He doesn''''t have any other symptoms. When should he seen by a doctor?

Kia

It will be best to consult a doctor for a full examination. It is possible that the cause for his stomach upset, is due to alcohol abuse. I will suggest Cimetadine tablets and Gaviscon as a temporary relief. These products are available over the counter.