Posted by: Just asking! | 2012-11-06

Teen girl

Would you allow your grd 9 daugther to attend 3 matric balls and after parties with 3 different boys?

It does not sit well with me for various reasons.

Doesnt sound right. I tend to agree with anon. Are matric balls ( getting ridiculously too elaborate these days ) really for little girls ? And does she truly have 3 sincerely boyfriends ? Indeed, is it wise fo any parent to allow such a young child to attend ANY ball let alone after-party, and apparently unchaperoned ?

Posted by: Avatim | 2012-11-16

- Maryke, my groot dogter, jy het ftinasates mooi gelyk, ek kan nie glo ek was toe nie daar vir die groot een nie, het heeldag aan jou gedink. Yolande baie dankie vir die mooi foto''s wat jy geneem het dit het my darem die geleentheid gegee om te sien hoe mooi sy gelyk het. Alice

Reply to Avatim
Posted by: Anon2 | 2012-11-08

Hi just asking. Had you given more information on the whole story. Than perhaps I would''ve refrained from giving any advice. Or even given a useful solution. Ai today''s youngsters just worry about boys boys boys. They don''t realise that one dag when they get married and have children. They going to wish they were young again so that they could turn back the clock and strt all over again.

Goodluck to you and your husband.

Reply to Anon2
Posted by: Just Asking! | 2012-11-07

This is not my daughter but my step daugther and My husband is livid , the mom allowed it with a big fan fare, And I am all against it, this girl of 15 is populor for the wrong reasons if you can catch my drift and not because she is drop dead beautifull, she is going to fail grd 9 as it is, this is nonsense but the mom think it is awesome,
They are the tipes that judge others and my daugther but she must go and look in the mirror long and hard.

It now escelated in such a way that it exploded in the mums face and she wants help with the behaviour but look what she allowed! She was supposed to be grounden together with the sister and their phones was suppose to be taken away , guess who still has their phones, I will never allow this ,

My hubbie just leaves it now, because if he dare tried to parent them then their was hell to pay with the ex.

Now the mom is fighting with them regarding rules etc but she allowed this to happen and now whe must intervenede, all three marks dropped, the middel one failed 3 subjects last term and the 15 year old failed maths again, and is going to fail her grd 9 year.

I dont know how to get the point accros to hubbie that he is enabling them with his laxy dazyness with them visiting weekends, it is exam time and the past weekend he allowed the 15 year old to attend a social event, should I say more !

All I can say to him and her is enabler , enabler , dont cry over spilt milk.

Reply to Just Asking!
Posted by: XXX | 2012-11-07

I agree with Nini,maybe attend the dance but no afterparty.

Reply to XXX
Posted by: Nini | 2012-11-07

I would say that perhaps she could attend the matric dance itself, but as for the after party? NO NO NO!!!! Tha''t is where the funny stuff happens.

Reply to Nini
Posted by: Kenny | 2012-11-07

Grade 9 - how old is she? 15??? Way too young to be attending matric dances and after parties and definitely not with 3 different boys! She is very young and still has plenty time to go to balls and parties when she is older! No, I would not allow it if she were my daughter. I can remember my matric dance and after party and it was hardly something a 15 year old kid must be exposed to - the drinking, the behaviour of the couples ... best you keep your child at home!

Reply to Kenny
Posted by: Anon2 | 2012-11-06

Hi just asking.

These man probably would like to take a nice beautiful girl with them to their matric dance. And your daughter is most likely one of those " most beautiful"  looking girl. These are merely so that one day they can show their future children what a beautiful looking girl they took with them to their balls etc. Imagine if they had to take their girlfriends. And when their relationship turns sour. They would burn those pictures. So just because three different guys asked her out. Does not mean she''s dating any of them. However if you do send her. You will have to lay down a few rules.

Take care.

Reply to Anon2
Posted by: Anon | 2012-11-06

Sounds a bit young to me! Don''t think that ''scene'' is really intended for gr9 kids! I''m not even sure I would allow it for a matric girl, though I guess it depends on how well you know the people she will be going with and whether she is well behaved and responsible.