Question
Posted by: URSHEE | 2010/08/25

TEEN DIET PLAN

Sorry I got the height wrong for my previous question regarding my daughters height its 1,7m not 1,57m.
What would the answer for that be now,
question 468 posted on 23.08.2010

Thank you and if you can please advice me on what should be a daily eating plan.

Dear Urshee
If your daughter is 1.7 m tall then at the age of 14 she should not weigh more than 57 kg. I seem to remember that you said she weighs 83 kg, so if she is 1.7 m tall then her present BMI = 28,7 which is still in the obese category for 14-year-old girls. She still needs to lose 26 kg, which is still such a large amount that she does require the assistance of a registered dietitian. The slimming diets on this Website (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Weightloss') are not appropriate for young growing children. She needs an individual diet prescription, which is something I cannot do for you over the Internet.

1

Dear Urshee