Question
Posted by: Dudu | 2009/09/29

Teen daughter

I have a twelve turning thirteen this year - my husband and I have been devorced for 4 years.

She has recently developed interest on boys and mix it. We had a long chart about self respect, sex and she promised that she will wait up until she is old enogh.

However i found out she being using mixit again and has smsing boys she tell me she has developed feelings for this boy . She has a very negative perception about her weight, appearnce and how she interacts with other. She feels she needs to be thin and beautful to be liked by her friends.

Expert ImageTeen expert

your daughters interest in boys, and also her feelings about her appearance are very typical of her developmental stage. However, it is important that she is able to speak with you about these issues and it is great that you have begun doing this.

Whilst there is often a pre-occupation with appearance at this age, it is helpful for her to be aware that there are many different body types and that her own happiness lies in being accepting of herself - that way when she does begin dating she will have a positive self-image that has a major impact on who she finds herself in relationships with - appearance is only one aspect of attractiveness, and the others sustain a relationship long after our youthful looks have gone!

2
Posted by: Nicky | 2009/11/17

I have a 16 year old daughter. Her friend at school who she studies with uses bioplus.
Her name is Jody. I have noticed for a 16 year old Jody is very undevelop very small and thin.
I am concern about her. I spoke to her mother about it and she said yes her daughter has it all the time.
As a parent I am concern.
I rather my daughter take vitamins than bioplus..Please adviseI

Reply to Nicky
Posted by: Nicky | 2009/11/17

As a parent I am concern.

Reply to Nicky