Question
Posted by: Lynn | 2010/01/28

teen acne on mood stabiliser meds?

my 15yr old daughter suffers from facial acne. it has become quite acute over the last two months. She is on medication for bipolar - Lamicitin. could this be aggrivating the acne? Is there anything I can get over the counter at a pharmacy you would suggest to help her?

Hi Lynne,
Lamicitin can cause acne but only in a small % of patients. It may be that it is just "normal" teenage acne. Try benzoyl peroxide ( Oxy 10 ) on spots. A topical antibiotic lotion like Ilotycin may help to prevent breakouts.

2
Posted by: Jessie | 2014/09/01

Hi there I am 18 and am on lamicitin for bipolar but I can't find any information on it at all !! I am on the contraception pill called trigestral. Will these two medications have a effect on one another?

Reply to Jessie
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/28

Hi Lynne,

Reply to cyberdoc