Question
Posted by: Adele | 2009-11-04

Tee

Hi doc, thanks for all the good advise. I got an e-mail which was going around saying that drinking tee after eaten will slow down digesting food, is this true and also some say that rooibos tee is as good as having a meal because of all the goodness in it. I am thinking of changing my 5 cups of coffee to tee, will this have an effect on my weight seeing that I follow a healthy diet, by looking at my kj intake daily. Your advise will be appreciated.
Have a blessed day.

Dear Adele
Thank you for your kind words. I have not heard that drinking any kind of tea will slow down the digestion of food. While rooibos tea is an excellent beverage being rich in protective antioxidants, all types of tea (black, rooibos, green, etc) contain no energy on their own so you can't really make a meal of a cup of tea! By all means change to drinking tea if you prefer this beverage. It will not make any difference to your weight. Any energy-containing additions to tea like milk and sugar, will of course change the tea into a drink that does contain some energy, but if you use low-fat milk and only 1 teaspoon of sugar, this will be fine.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2009-11-04

Dear Adele