Question
Posted by: Antoinette | 2010/05/31

Teary eyes

Over the past year or so I have developed a continuous flow of tears, sometimes from both eyes as the same time or just one eye as a time. This is very uncomfortable as I have to keep on blotting with a tissue as the tears well up in my eyes and run down my cheeks and it also causes my eyelids to become inflamed, itchy and wrinkly. I know that this is not caused by my makeup as it happens even when I don''t wear makeup. The pharmacist says that it is ok for me to use cortisone (Mylocort) cream on my eyelids as long as it doesn''t get into my eyes but I am nervous to use this daily as I am doing now. What could be causing this and is there eyedrops or something that I can use to lessen or stop the tears and also what cream can I use on my eyelids for the inflammation?
Many thanks
Antoinette

Hallo Antoinette
Please ask your GP to refer you to an opthalmologist - your tear ducts may be blocked and this can be opened with a small procedure
see http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/blocked-tear-duct/DS01096

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/31

Hallo Antoinette