Question
Posted by: Robyn | 2011-03-10

Tear in Stomach Muscle

About a year ago, i was doing a sit up at gym and felt a " pop"  in my stomach. I rested for a few days but everytime i tried to do any ab exercises i wasnt able to. It went on for a while and eventually i sought medical advice. Long story short, I landed up having a hernia repair surgery done - the muscle had torn, but there wasnt a hernia. They just repair it in the same way.
It took a long time to get back to fitness after the surgery. Now, almost a year later and I was back to my old fitness and yesterday i did a sit up and felt the same sensation again. I have treated it with a TransAct and will rest it, but i would just like some other advice as I dont want to have surgery again and also am planning to get pregnant

Hi robyn

Well, it's difficult to give advice from afar when you may have had previous medical advice on the issue. Fact is, as much as I hate to say it, if you've had the same injury, or a recurrence, then it may be the only option. But the only way to know this is to have it assessed and diagnosed. It may be something rather innocuous, a muscle strain.

And the only way to get it diagnosed is to see a physiotherapist or a doctor and have them check it out. Once you have that, then maybe a couple of opinions will guide the course of action.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011-03-23

Hi robyn

Reply to fitnessdoc