Posted by: Penny | 2012-08-17

Hi please help.

I''m going to try my best to explain this:
Many years ago I felt a tear in my vulva region, however was too embaressed to seek a doctor. I felt like I had come apart a little. Over the past 10 years I believe that the condition has gotten worse. I have been to several gynaes however they all say I" m normal.

Living with my own body I know there has been a change. I don''t know whether to see a surgeon or some kind of specialist. Please advise as per the latter:

I have been experiencing an uncomfortable pinch, however it has moved position as the tear moves upwards. THis is best explained at the junction between the clitoral hood and labia minora. There seems to be little of the clitoral hood now.

When I use to touch my clitoris (clitoral hood) it was longer. What has happened over the years is the following: Where a pinch started lower down, the pinch has moved slowly upwards towards my clitoris. The skin of the labia minora from the starting point upwards has become puckered, making the clitoral hood shorter and the labia minora longer (not stretchy passed the majora but longer because the junction as changed position)

Wearing clothes has over the years become more uncofortable. The labia minora stretch more away from my body than before.

Where my hood was a nice bulb, it feels like a mere fragment now. It is as if the hood should be stretched down the length of the minora to get its original feel and look.

The junction pinches a lot and instead of the minora running under the hood flap, there is a distinct break.

Whats worse is that some years ago, I read somewhere that this weakens the muscle between the anus and vagina. This too feels so much smaller and perhaps weaker.

Living with my body I''m well aware that it has changed and am very concerned. I don''t want things to get even more worse.Please please help.

What doctor do I see?

Could an injury in my teens have affected this and hence has gotten progressivley wprse over the years without treatment?

How can I feel normal again?

Seeing that you have consulted a gynaecologist, you can consult a general surgeon for an examination and opinion.