Posted by: Amanda | 2011-04-28

Teachers smoking in staff room and not a seperate place at public school

I contacted the Anti-Smoking Board with my complaint. I immediate got feedback on my e-mail but after 4 months no action was taken because they are too busy to attend to GENERAL complaints. Where else can I ask for help?

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

Hi Amanda - you do not say whether you are a staff member or a pupil? Staff- you are protected by legislation and can demand immediate redress of the situation from the Head. If not complied with, report them to the Dept pf Labour and Health. If a pupil you are also protected from second hand smoke inhalation and follow the same route. Do NOT be submissive, the law is on your side. Stand up for your right and ensure that your health is not effected by the smokers. They are setting a great example!