Posted by: john | 2009-03-08

tea fast during summer

This summer I am planning to spend 2 months on tea, sugar and water only. I have done this before quite a few times but the longest duration was a little more than 3 weeks. This time I wish to stretch it to 2 months. And if I can pull it off I wish to do it every summer. My questions are

1) Since I will not be taking any solid food it would be nice if I can completely empty out my bowels in the first 1 or 2 weeks of the fast. What would be the best way of doing this?

2) If I go for an hour of jogging at least 3 days a week how much weight can I expect to lose if I am consuming 200 grams of sugar in a day? I can cut it down to 100 grams if required.

3) I am 5' 7"  and at present weigh 45 kg. In the past I have come down to 40 kg and not faced any health problem. This time if I can keep at it I might come down even lower. I am doing this with the belief that for my height there should not be any health problem as long as my weight is above 35 kg. But still are there any danger signs that I should be on the look out for?

Dear John
I do not know why you are subjecting your body to such extreme stress? At the moment if you do weigh 45 kg your BMI is already dangerously low at 15,6. Trying to reduce your weight down to 35 kg, will literally reduce you to skin and bone with a BMI of 12,1. There is no way that I, as a dietitian, can encourage this type of starvation with a clear conscience. I can only suggest that you seek professional assistance before you ruin your health and your life.
Please reconsider before you embark on this dangerous exercise.

Posted by: gkieser | 2009-03-09

jy kan dit nie doen nie dit is nie gesond nie

Reply to gkieser