Question
Posted by: safs | 2008/08/13

tea and toast

heard of a diet that reaaly helps to lose weight. Drink black tea and toast bread only for two weeks, only that and no food. can eat up to 16 slices of toast a day. Want to know if this is true and will it work?

Dear Safs
If you only eat 16 slices of toast a day and nothing else you will be ingesting 4800 kJ of energy which will of course make you lose weight, but this is a very unhealthy form of slimming and you run the risk of developing nutrient deficiencies, so be sensible and rather try a normal, balanced diet with a reduced energy content (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet) plus daily exercise for 30 min.

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/07/15

I have tea and toast when I'm sick. It's what view as given when I had a really bad virus because everything else came back up or went straight out so effectively I was slowly starving to death . bread toasted is great case it's not so gard to chew and as far as bit being sugary that's nonsense. I ate 6 slices a day equal to 3 sandwiches . that was enough energy to function at a basic rate. The butter and it was real butter gave me essential fatty acid to stay warm and tea god bless it with sugar is full of antioxidants. tea regardless is healthy. Black has been ages the longest and is stronger because it's dry. green and white are untried leaves. It all comes from the same tree. sugar gave me energy. so you see you may have been eating too much so follow this instead. try water or tea or coffee and fruit. If you are going crazy eat a sweet biscuit or a small chocolate. I had that too. I'm still alive.