Question
Posted by: Borrelina | 2008/06/26

TB of the Uterus

I am 29 years old - no children. My gynae did a transvaginal scan in Jan and found a sac of fuild or blood - changed my pill and 3 months later- check up revealed still there. Had a Hysteroscopy and removed the fluid for testing. Tests are all normal but we do not have the TB Culture test back yet - She is testing for this because i had pulmonary TB and after 6 months of medication was cleared n 2003. I am concerned that i may never have children if i do have a positve result - What is your experience in this? Many thanks

TB does destroy the lining of the uterus if you did have TB in the womb ut uterine TB is rare so hopefully that is not the case.