Posted by: Jenny | 2011-09-20

TB in domestic worker

My new domestic worker has been diagnosed with TB. She works at my house once a week. I have a 13 month old son. How safe will my house now be with her working there?
My son is not at home during the day, so will not come into direct contact with her. All his immunisations are up to date. Should I worry?

TB is transmitted with direct contact in the form of droplets spread. Your domestic worker will not be infectious after one week of treatment. Therefore, you should not be concerned.

Posted by: Ferann | 2011-09-20

If she is on treatment, it canot be passed to the baby, but if she is not yes it can be passed to the baby. After two weeks of taking meds its longer contangious. I have TB and unfortunately I passed it to my child I still feel so bad, and I am treatment for two months, she will start he treatment soon her tests are complete.

Reply to Ferann