Question
Posted by: petunia | 2012-06-05

TB

Diagnosed with TB by GP , btu referred to a lung specialist who will only be able to see me in 3 weeks. what is the impact on my health in the interim and how do i make sure i do not infect my family.

Petunia

You should be receiving treatment for tuberculosis. If you are on treatment, you will not be contagious after two to four weeks. Your entire family will have to be tested for TB. If treated for TB, you will heal completely from the disease. There could be damage caused to your lungs and that is why you were referred to a lung specialist, to exclude this possibility.