Question
Posted by: Inge | 2012-02-28

TB

My boyfriend was diagnosed with TB yesterday, Is it really as contagius as they say, and should I go for tests..and is this serious

Firstly, this is of course not a good question for a psychiatrist. But TB is indeed very contagious, and it would be very wise for you to go for assessment and tests. It can eventually become a very serious disease, but usually responds really well to treatment when one catches it early, as with many health problems. Even if you were only mildly affected, it sometimes happens in a couple that when one gets treatment, they can get re-infected by their partner unless both are properly treated.

3
Posted by: Ayah | 2012-02-28

I can be passed to you, get tested, unless he is on medication, then after two weeks of taking meds it will not be passed to you. My hubby had it and passed it to me , I am off the treatment healthy and strong. Took 6 months treatment. We both hiv positive.

Reply to Ayah
Posted by: Maria | 2012-02-28

You should post this question to CyberDoc rather than CyberShrink. TB can be quite contagious and how serious it is depends on the type of TB and how long he has had it before being diagnosed.

Reply to Maria