Posted by: Clifford | 2010-01-28

My name is Clifford Mfolo and currently in treatment of TB since last year September 2009 and to be end on April 2010 as being told is 6 months period. I am feeling well now. Then my question to you is, I was a weight lifter (gym) before the disease and as I am feeling well, I am asking if it is a good idea to go back to gym and lift heavy weight? I was using supplement during my gym (Anabolic tablets) and this tablets did build my body nicely and now I am slam and need to get my body back to were it was before.

Hi Clifford

I think a gradual return to the gym is no problem, provided the treatment for TB is effective. They are two separate issues though, so look at the treatment as number 1 priority, training as number 2

I would not continue the use of anabolic tablets, though. Not that this affects TB treatments, it's also separate, but risky nonetheless.

Remember to work back towards where you left, don't go straight into heavy weights, or you risk injury. Give it some time,allow your body to adapt and you'll find that you can train as before!