Posted by: Myself | 2009-01-20

Taxi Driver

I am a Sales Manager by position and I am happily involved with a taxi driver for a year now and his family has already sent a letter to my family for the lobola negotiations.
Everyone is against our relationship simply because he is the taxi driver. I don’ t have issues with him and we are happy together. I’ ve asked him to move in with me in my town house and he didn’ t want to as his culture does not allow him to be in a woman’ s house.
He has rented a small room in Soweto and after the lobola he want us to move in together to his place and due to circumstances I can’ t.
His place is too small to accommodate both me, him and my 10 year old who is not his child.
My ex( the father of my child ) is a Project Manager and my family still approves him.
I was never happy for the 8 years that I was with him in my town house that is why we broke up.

Its a pity your family is being snobbish about this ; and that he is sticking to one specific and inconvenient bit of his culture.

Posted by: Reality Check | 2009-01-21

and Daddy Love - your point is?

Reply to Reality Check
Posted by: Daddy Love | 2009-01-21

Hi Guys, I' m working full time and i own a taxi...Sumtimes during the weekend i' m a taxi driver, especially on Sunday as my driver will be off...You should see how those girls look at you...they emmidietely judge u, but cum monday, i clumb into my Merc and head to work...u should now see their reaction...!!!

Reply to Daddy Love
Posted by: CK | 2009-01-21

My sister is Social worker and she is dating a Taxi Driver, for some reason( TD are Rude, Uneducated &  Womaniser) my mother doesn' t approve of their relationship. I guess in life what is important is love &  happiness so if you guys are happy then why not.

Reply to CK
Posted by: Nika | 2009-01-20

I agree with both of you cutie and myself. If he can support you or atleast contribute in a way then why should the fact that he is a taxi driver be an issue.

And reality check I think you being an *rse.

Can' t you or havn' t you read any of the other postings lately of people being so unhappy with either people they cant get away from or with stupid husbands who don' t see what they are worth. Girls as long as you are happy GO FOR IT co' s one things for sure you can' t marry your family!!

Reply to Nika
Posted by: Reality Check | 2009-01-20

Sorry to say this but you guys are cheap...

Reply to Reality Check
Posted by: Myself | 2009-01-20

Thank you so much cutie at least I am not alone and I love the man more than anything in the world
He makes me so happy

Reply to Myself
Posted by: cutie | 2009-01-20

i find myself in the same position as you but mine is slightly different, there is no child involved , having a man who is a taxi diver is what we have in common , i am not really sure what my family' s reaction will be to this, as they dont know as yet , i am a PA by position, its like for some reason when you choose to date a taxi driver you have committed a crime or something , i dont really understand that , because taxi drivers are human to, and if you find a good man who is going to treat you right no matter what his occupation is you should go for it ....anyway i guess thats just my opinion

Reply to cutie