Question
Posted by: Chris | 2011/04/20

Tattoo removal

Am desperate to remove a tattoo. Can one use duofilm for warts to get rid of it. Can''t afford going to plastic surgeon etc.

Hallo Chris
No, please do not use Duofilm or any other chemicals, you will cause a chemical burn that will make a very ugly scar - if it does not cause severe infection. Best way of removing it is by laser or alpha hydroxy peeling - but do it gradually over time, this will be more affordable and will leave almost no scar eventually. If you let me know where you live I could maybe give you the name of a laser clinic near you.
In the mean time, use cosmetic camouflage cream (e.g. Coverderm) to cover the tattoo and make it less obvious.

2
Posted by: Chris | 2011/04/23

Thanks, I live in East London and would appreciate if you can let me know of a laser clinic. Can alpha hydroxy peeling be done at home and if so where do you purchase it? Do you know how much these treatments cost?

Reply to Chris
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/04/20

Hallo Chris