Question
Posted by: A | 2012-05-29

Tarrot cards

Hi prof

What is your view on the reading of tarrot cards. One of my friends go to spiritual readers on a regular basis. Now she is in process of learning how to read it. She go to workshops by this people.

And guess what? She test it on me a view times now and. I can''t help wondering about some things. She told. Me things about my past that is on the dot. Can''t help wondering about my future...

Is spiritual readers and tarrot cards evil?

They have no meaning of their own whatsoever, and are a good example of pure superstition. They NEVER EVER provide unambiguous clear revelations of true secrets from your past or testable predictions of your future.
Like readings of tea-leaves or palms, or whatever, they produce murky and ambiguous comments into which you can rad what you wish to find - so they seem especially revealing to you, because you have produced the material, not the cards of their reader. Readers like all such folks, are also, even if they don't realize it, skilled readers of YOU, and they can vary their comments depending on how you respond to their earlier comments, and judging by your responses, give you what you expect. There is not, and never ever has been, any evidence that any of the products of Tarots or tea-leaves have any validity whatsoever. But many people like to believe in mysterious forces.
Such superstitions can have rarely good, more often none, and sometimes bad effects - according to what we see in them and choose to believe about them.
And, despite pagan's reflex avoidance of the issues, a scientists rejection of the inherent validity of Tarot et al. is NOT subjective, but impeccably objective. Provide me with good evidence, based on competent and controlled research, sensitively testing the systems, that they are valid, and as a scientist I will have to change my point of view and accept what has been properly proven. That is the exact opposite of the subjective "believers" like pagan, who will never change their belief nomatter how much proof to the contrary might turn up, and despite the complete lack of proper proof. They believe because they enjoy believing.
Where I do agree with pagan, though, is that no such method describes an inevitable and unavoidable future ; the future can always be varied and improved by your own efforts.

7
Posted by: alda | 2012-06-08

i want to read my tarrot card

Reply to alda
Posted by: Pagan | 2012-05-29

As you can see, the good doctor and andre both proved my point. Spirituality, religion and science don''t normally or naturally go together in peace. Especially human sciences are very subjective, as you can see above. Especially the book religions (judaism, islam and christianity) is subjective, but if you claim to be one, you need to follow the rules, you know? You can''t very well pick and choose the rules you follow, because that would just make you a hypocrite.

First decide which path you follow, then follow it''s rules. i.e. if you''re a christian or a scientist like CS, you just follow the rules. The rules say that tarot is ungodly, the rules say tarot isn''t proven and therefore is of no help and doesn''t exist.

But once again, if you follow what YOU believe is the right path, then nobody can tell you that you are wrong.

Reply to Pagan
Posted by: Andre | 2012-05-29

wouldnt say i damned her to hell, i am merely stating what i believe, as A asked, what is your (my) view on this.

and as you said there pagan, it is A''s choice, and hers alone, i am giving one side of a multi facetted matter, thus making it an informed decision at the very least.

ceratinly not condeming anyone to hell, just staing my view on this matter.

Reply to Andre
Posted by: pagan | 2012-05-29

it''s evil if your religion sees it as evil. It''s also never good to ask a scientist about spiritual matters, as all you will get is a subjective opinion. Live your life as YOU think best, regardless of whether you are a christian - like andre, who just damned you to hell, or a pagan, like me, who urges you to never stop growing, questioning and asking questions so you can find the right answers for you.

I hope she gives you honest readings and that she has told you that the cards only give you an idea of what would happen should you continue making your current choices. It is entirely possible to change the future, nothing is set in stone.

Reply to pagan
Posted by: Andre | 2012-05-29

Yes it is evil, it is one of the many tricks used by Satan, to create doubt and discord between man and God, and between all of us.

Just the mere fact that it has you wondering, shows that Satan has you hooked....... and it starts there, and goes downhill from there quickly

2 Corinthians 11:13-15
For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds

Reply to Andre
Posted by: Maria | 2012-05-29

Whether or not they are evil depends on your personal value system, there is no absolute answer to that question. Could the things that she told you about your past have been something you discussed with her at some point, or that she could have figured out from things you said? Or is it so generic that it would apply to most people? That is often how it works.

Reply to Maria