Posted by: lisa | 2010-06-20

tapeworm larvae

hi doctor

i saw that my cat has tapeworm larvae by his bum. the cat sleeps with me and i always touch him and never wash my hands - what are my chances of catching tapeworm from him?
i shook off my duvet this morning because i saw little worms that werent moving, and something went into my eye, dont know if it was a worm - should i be worried?

thank you

I strongly suggest that you deworm your cat and yourself. Take your cat to the vet and get yourself a D-Worm cheweble tablet as a once off dose, which is available over the counter. It is imperative to wash your hands regularly, especially after touching your cat and as a good hygienic method to prevent the contraction of diseases.