Question
Posted by: Just Mom | 2009-01-23

Tantrums???!!!

I need help on how to handle tantrums from my 13 month old boy. Should I just leave him to cry and scream? Normally this happen in the evening as we sit down to eat (just after 18:00) I know he is not to hungry or over tired. And as soon as this happens my hubby get upset that our LO is crying for no reason. How should I handle this please help.

thx

If you have access to DSTV, maybe with a friend, check out DISH magazine and arrange to see some of the Little Angels series which brilliantly illustrate how to tame even the wildest tantrums. I've discussed this even earlier this week, so also look back in the forum. Don't let the crying upset you --- he's not starving or in pain, but perhaps seeking attention, especially as it happens when you presumably leave him on his own while the pair of you have dinner. Give him lots of loving attention WHEN he is quiet and good, and withdraw that attgention when he throws a tantrum, telling him that you'll be plased to be with him WHEN he quietens down.