Question
Posted by: ANONI | 2008/11/03

tantrums ???

Hi ,my baby is 20months he stays with my mom ,recently when i went to visit him i have noticed that when he does something wrong and one tries to talk to him about it ,he gets angry,hits doors,throws things and all that ,i get very angry about this behaviour and I think he is spoilt,my mom seems to think its okay ,am i being too strict ????

Try also posting this on our parenting forum. At 20 months he's too young to understand aspects of discipline, but he will respond to consequences. Anxious or not, if tantrums bring attention, he'll do them ; if they result in a calm and unrewarding response, there's little v alue to him in repeating the,