Posted by: Lyn | 2010-09-28

I would like to know what is the best way to get a tanned look. I know the sun is not the answer, but is tanning lotion really healthy for your skin? If so, which one is the best?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Lynn, thank you for the question.

I must be honest in that I know very little on the different self tanning lotions but from my patients I have had favorable reports for the Caribbean and San Trope ranges.

You can also ask a skin therapist you trust to give their opinion on the best ranges available on the market today as some of them give leaves one with an orange skin tone.

Another option is to try samples to check the final color. As far as I am aware these lotions are neither healthy or unhealthy for your skin and remember you still need to use a good SPF.