Posted by: Franza | 2012-07-28

I have been on Neophedan, a generic equivalent of Tamoxifen for 8 months with all the side effects. I cope ok with some of them, but the weight gain is really worrying. My oncologist suggested that I try another generic. But where do I start ? Is there one of the generics that''s known for not letting you gain weight. I do have a very healthy diet - mostly vegetables and fruit and nuts with some fish and chicken sometimes.
I would appreciate any advice.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the generics of Tamoxifen. I suggest that you consult your pharmacist for an alternative. This group of medication is known for weight gain.