Posted by: Brett | 2009-07-29

Talking in circles

Hi there,

Im going to try make this short. Of late...the last year or so i find myself starting to talk in circles going into fine detail of no real relavance and catch myself being one of those people that talk too much and never gets to the point. Im a socialite and crave chit chatting to people who are keen to do the same. You know that ramble you get when you not prepared for a presentation and words are just coming out your mouth for the sake of keeping the silence away. Its a bit of a cause for concern for me as even my wife said its getting worse. Can this be the aging process or some other issue - im 35. Even my response to emails - and like this - get long winded. Ill stop there.

So the talking isn't actually ABOUT communicating anything, but a social activity. I suppose a developing taste for this might for some people be part of the aging process. More like a fear of silence, maybe some attemp to gain control of a situation by talking all the time ? Who was it who said, rather keep quiet and let them wonder if you're an idiot, than open your mouth and make them certain of it