Question
Posted by: ANRE | 2012-05-21

Taking things slowly or ending the relationship?

I have met a guy two months ago. We both felt very much in love and pretty much the same about each other and decided to start a " serious relationship"  (he was the one pushing for this more than me). He is now saying that he might not be quite ready for a serious relationship and we should take things slowly.

Some background: He ended a 2 year relationship in Oct 2011 and I ended a 5 year relationship two years ago.

What does this mean? So he doenst want to end things, but he wants us to take things slowly to see where it goes.

Is this a good legitimate reason or is it just a bad excuse to an easy way out? I am not sure what to make of it....

Its always preferable to fall in Like before falling in Love. In the situation you describe, much may hang on what each of you mean by "serious relationship". Both of you may still not be sufficiently free of the previous relationships, especially him - October last year is still close. What's the hurry ? Why not take things easy for a while longer ?

1