Question
Posted by: Charlie | 2009/11/26

Taking painkillers for longer than 10 days.

I am currently taking Rocaccutane which is giving me a bit of joint pain and quite bad headaches as a result I have been taking Syndol (1-4 tablets) almost every day for my course of treatment. On the package it says that you should not take it for more than 10 days - what must I do?

Thanks.

Hi Charlie
If the joint pain and headaches are so bad that you need to take Syndols daily you need to speak to your dermatologist. You are going to develop dependancy on the Syndol as it contains codeine and doxylamine, and it is poisonous to the kidney if taken for long periods at a time. He may need to re-evaluate your treatment for the Acne and rather use another alternative.
dr Bets

2
Posted by: Charlie | 2009/11/27

Thanks for the response - much appreciated :)

Reply to Charlie
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/26

Hi Charlie
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc