Posted by: AZX | 2009-04-09

taking oratane -swollen tonsil or gland

My dermatologist has prescribed Orantane 20mg fi\or my acne .She advised me that she has prescribed only a 1/3 of the actual dosage that I supposed to be taking as I weigh 70kg`s.She advised me of all the side effects that I would experience while taking the medication.I have been taking the medication for two weeks now and I have dry lips and get nose bleeds.These side effects I expected because i was told about them and I ve read that they are common ones thta pople experience while taking the medication .My one problem is thought the one side of my throat /tonsil is swollen ..on and off since ive been taking this medication this normal ...........its not painful but im aware of it feels like i have minor tonsilitis on one side of my throat.

Dear Azx
Oratane does not cause tonsillitis symptoms, so maybe you have a low grade tonsillitis on that side - you may need antibiotics for this or try Tonsillyte/Tonsilla homeopathic treatment.