Posted by: Mitsy | 2009-02-21

Taking Fertomid while on wellbutrin

Hello Doctor

My gynie just perscribed Fertomid 100mg while I' m on Wellbutrin, the clomid was the very reason I had to go onto wellbutrin, I had a very bad reaction to clomid last year that almost ended my marriage. I' m worried about this. Please help I' m not comfortable, I want a baby, but not at the exspence of my marriage. I' m already 40 years. What should I do?

Thank you in advance.

Dear Mitsy

I haven’t found any correlation or drug reactions that has been reported if you take Fertomid in addition to Wellbutrin. However if you have had a reaction to Clomid then it is important that you discuss this with your doctor as Fertomid also contain the same constituents as Clomid does, the one is a generic of the other. Clomid and Fertomid contain Clomiphene Citrate. So you may well have the same reaction and I suggest you see your doctor before using it.

Answered by: Dr Y. M. Dasoo

Posted by: Rix | 2009-02-24

Oh my, that sounds SO familiar....
I have been crying 24/7, and get so angry for nothing at all....
On Sat eve my DH wanted to know if I wanted to " play"  a little or just get down to baby dance business - I flipped. I told him it' s not a " business transaction"  etc etc. So, we didn' t bd coz I was full of sh*t, and I might have lost my chance to get preggies, coz my fertile days were Sat &  Sun.
I don' t know how to take Fertomid and survive it.....

Reply to Rix
Posted by: Mitsy | 2009-02-23

Hi Rix, I slipped into a deep depression, very suicidal I could not recognize the person I was. I walked out of my home over small disagreements.

Reply to Mitsy
Posted by: Rix | 2009-02-23

I understand Fertomid &  Clomid are basically the same thing. Fertomid is only the cheaper generic sold only in India and S.A.
What happened to you on Clomid??

Reply to Rix
Posted by: Rix | 2009-02-23

Hi Mitsy

I am sorry if I sound nosy or inquisitive, but I finished my last Fertomid 50 last week Wednesday, and I am having some REALLY bad reactions. PLEASE tell me what reactions you are having!

Reply to Rix