Question
Posted by: Angel | 2009/01/12

Taking Duphaston while pregnant.

I would like to know the risks of taking Duphaston while pregnant. I was prescribed the pill because of Polycystic ovarian syndrome. Blood was sent for testing and I was found to be pregnant, but the doc said to continue with the duphaston. I read that it is not recommended to take it while pregnant. I am a bit confused, please advise me.

It is used quite commonly in pregnancy, though its efficacy has recently been questioned. While there have been isolated reports of problems, overall safety does not seem to be an issue.